Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley...Our Beloved Prophet

So, Eric and I watched the funeral services for President Hinckley today. It was very sad, but a very neat program that they put together for him. We cried, but there were many times that we laughed. It was so amazing to hear about all of the different stories people had of President Hinckley. He really was a great man. I never really thought about everything he had do as the prophet of our church, but it was a lot. I especially liked hearing about his relationship with his wife and hope that there can be many marriages out there with the strong closeness they had in theirs. I'm sure that he is up there now with her and that they couldn't be happier. It was also interesting hearing from his family. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but his family probably had to give up a lot too. He was their father, grandfather, or great grandfather and I'm sure he spent a lot of time with them, but with everything he did for the church, he probably lost out on a lot of that time too. What an amazing man to learn from though! Hopefully all of his descendants will follow in his footsteps and stay strong in the gospel. I'm excited to see what the next president of the church decides to put an emphasis on and to watch how the church continues to grow. In the last 12 years, a third of the members of the church right now were baptized! Think of how much it will grow in the next 12 years if that continues!! It's going to be a great thing to be a part of!

No comments: